Transport Yourself Back to an Era of Worldly Glamour at The Carlu
Originally opened in 1930 as “Eaton’s Seventh Floor,” The Carlu was designed by French architect Jacques Carlu. In 2003, the space at 444 Yonge St. in College Park was reopened as “The Carlu” event venue after an extensive restoration. Now recognized as one of Toronto’s best examples of Art Moderne architecture, The Carlu has been designated as a National Historic Site of Canada, and has played host to royalty on several occasions, as the preferred space for high profile social fetes, conventions, and corporate celebrations.
The Carlu’s original 1930s Art Moderne style is complemented by modern amenities and services, from state-of-the-art A/V technology to two full-service kitchens.
Concert Hall: 600 seated, 1500 reception
Round Room: 300 seated, 400 reception
Clipper Room: 50 seated, 70 reception
Press & Accolades
“The look is ’30s glam, from the art deco Lalique fountain in the Round Room to the ebony and bird’s-eye maple in the concert hall.”